Jun 5, 2011

I want to share this...

Most of the time testimony meeting is boring, but today few testimony touched my heart, but a 9 year old Dilan Shaw made me cry. He went up there and I thought one more kid to say " I love my mom and dad, I know this church is true", but I was so wrong. He went up there and said.

"My name is Dilan Shaw,my dad just spoke. I know this church is true because I feel it in my heart, I know that Jesus is my savior and the more I try to be good and nice to others I become more like him, and when I mess up I know I can sincere repent at night. The more I read the book of Mormon more I understand what I need to know to go back home and live with Heavenly father someday, that I need to forgive others because I need heavenly father to forgive me too"

I thought it was amazing, that sweet little Dilan figured out at such an early age what sometimes we struggle and sometimes forget to do it. Tonight I'm going to start to read the book of Mormon with Tati. I feel the desire tonight to ask for forgiveness not so much for things that I'm doing, but for things that I'm not doing. I want always to remember when I mess up because I'm not perfect I can sincere repent at night and ask for knowledge and strength to do better the next day. I really believe that the Lord knows us by name, knows ours imperfections and loves us just the way we are.
The other day I was very frustrated with Cody about his Eagle project, I told him that I get mad because he waist his time, that I know how smart and capable he is, that I just expect of him his very best, after I said that, I felt in my heart like if the Lord said " me too Selma, I just expect of you your best " We want the very best for our kids and this is what our Father wants for us too.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Very truth Selma! I say that to my kids all the time. Hate to see them wasting their time and talent! After they reach a certain age, it is harder to make them do what we know is good for them. I always heard that we should make our boys get their Eagle before they turn 16, after that its a lot harder! Jason was 18 and it was not an easy road! But he got it!! Now with Jeff, we are almost there and he will have it at 16. We always learn with the oldest and then try to apply and do better with the youngest...That is why I turned out good!! I am the youngest of 5...hahaha ai ai Just joking! Love you Selminha! Don't give up!

Selma Gibby said...

Yesterday Thais said that she remembers that Greg slap her butt a couple of time and I told Greg, my dad never hit me and he said " that's why you turned out this way" What that's supposed to mean???? I'm the second of three :) almost perfect hahaha!!!!