May 3, 2011

Why do I do that....




It will be Kristy's b-day on Friday and she lovesssss wine, so I want to make a cake for her that looks like I'm giving her a bottle of wine in a box. I don't want to put a real bottle of wine on the top of the cake so I want to make one of sugar, like the one they brake in people's head on the movies, looks like a real one, but it's sugar.
I didn't want to pay $ 80.00 in a bottle mold so I'm making my own mold and it's a lot of work and I'll need probably do 12 layers and it's take time to dry between layers, I'm also making another bottle off gum paste that takes least 3 Days to dry and I have to paint it after that,just in case this one doesn't work, sometimes it brakes. I also curled some of the chocolate that goes inside the box for the ilusion that it would protected the bottle.
May 25 will be Cody's 17TH b-day and I'm planing a surprise party for him, his cake will be a computer, I never made a computer cake before. It will be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good friend you are. Post a picture of the final cake so we can see your masterpiece.

Selma Gibby said...

Oh Tammy! The mold was perfect but I didn't cook enough the syrup and sugar so it didn't turned out,but I did before and it look so real. I just put a real bottle there.The cake didn't turned out as great as I planned. You need to come visit us and I'll make you a Brazilian BBQ and dessert :)