Apr 3, 2011

Greg's friend farm






Yesterday we spent the day at Greg's friend farm, we had a great time.The place is absolutely beautiful, the kids had so much fun riding the horses,fishing. Had so much to do at the place ,that I didn't hear once "I'm bored" We played water balloon volleyball. We had hamburgers from one of his cows and it was the best hamburger that I ever had even Cody said that. I felt a little guilt as I was eating it.
There were few families from Dell so we made name tags.
I noticed there was no alcohol, not that I care.What a great family, they just make you feel so welcome. There was his wife and boys and his parents and his grandma, I thought it was so cute his grandma, she's probably 90 something helping around, asking if we need anything.You could feel the love and respect they have for each other.
We're the last one to leave, because Greg,his friend and the kids went fishing again so I went help them to clean up the kitchen and I had the opportunity to talk more with the ladies and I loved it.
Sometimes I feel sad for my kids because they don't have any grandparents close, I never had either and I wish I had.
I'm really looking forward to go to Utah in August to Greg's parents house, go camping and boating with them. The kids will have a great time.
I'm so greatful for the Lord's plan, to know that families are forever. I pray that my children will always be strong enough to live in the world without ever forgetting who they really are. Greg and I are so committed to our children, not only to make sure they have what they need, or they're safe, but also to make sure they're happy. They're our most precious thing in life :-)

No comments: